Director of Development
Title: Director of Development
One of our Charlotte area clients is looking for a Full Time Director of Development. This person will provide technical leadership, vision, management, and coaching for multiple software engineering teams. The Director of Development will be responsible for managing multiple development teams and driving the engineering roadmap.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or other relevant engineering field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years hands-on experience with IT hardware, networks, software back-end, database, APIs, services, modern web front-end and mobile frameworks
- 7+ years managing diverse software development/delivery teams and organizations both onshore and offshore.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Proven track record of shipping web and mobile applications, delivering medium to large projects through the software delivery lifecycle.
- Comfortable in managing within Agile/Scrum environments.
- Experienced in establishing DevOps, standards, code reviews, accessibility, CI/CD, and architectural best practices.
- Proficient in selecting and leading strategic vendor relationships or acting as the primary point of contact for partnerships.
- Experience with modern frontend (especially JS) frameworks, .NET, Java, C#, mobile (iOS Swift, Android), MuleSoft, Oracle WCS, MS SQL.
- Proficient in utilizing deep market and industry knowledge for a related portfolio segment or domain to achieve strategic objectives.
What You Will Be Doing
- Research and deliver quality technical solutions that leverage or extend our platforms to help our users and overall business.
- Establish best practices for code standards/reviews, workflow, and release management.
- Competitive Salary!
- You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.