Senior Network Operations Engineer
A SaaS company that builds business related services is looking for a Senior Network Engineer. This group is located in Herndon and is part of their government National Security services division that leverages their portfolio of technologies to solve government related problems.
They are looking for a Sr. Network Engineer who will be responsible for the design and operation of infrastructure. It will be 100% hands and will be responsible for the installation, configuration, upgrade, patching, and maintenance of the Network across the Enterprise. The ideal candidate will be proficient with Cisco Routers and Switches in a WAN/LAN environment, F5 Load Balancers, and Palo Alto Firewalls.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience with routers, switches, firewalls, load-balancers, VPN etc.
- Experience in developing, evaluating, and implementing network information security architectures
- Experience with IDS/IPS
- F5 Load balancers
- Palo Alto firewalls
- Experience in a large environment and ability to work with enterprise level network information security, standards, and practices
- US Citizen
Desired Skills & Experience
- Industry certifications, CCNP, CNNA, CCSP, CCDP
- Cisco Line of Products with focus on N7K/5K & N9K
- Linux experience
- Cloud experience
What You Will Be Doing
- Create, implement and document the following processes for Network Infrastructure:
- performance monitoring
- problem troubleshooting / helpdesk response
- utilization, availability and growth patterns (capacity planning)
- landscape design, configuration and standards
- 24/7 support, escalation and SLA models
- IMAC (installation, move, add, change) services for network components
- change management methodology and communication strategy for SSP
- Oversee the configuration, testing, installation, modification, and servicing of all network communications components (switches, routers, circuits, wireless, VoIP, etc)
- Competitive Pay: Up to $70/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 0 – 6 Months
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.