Senior Cloud Systems Engineer
A local company in automotive space is looking to hire a Senior Systems Engineer to join their Infrastructure group. The company operates in a hybrid on prem (Datacenter) and cloud (AWS) infrastructure and is looking for this Senior Systems Engineer to have experience managing both types of infrastructure. This Senior Systems Engineer should have experience setting up new infrastructures as well as automating infrastructures.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in a Cloud, Systems, DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering role.
- Strong Linux Systems Administration experience.
- Expertise when it comes to cloud/virtualization technologies like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google Compute Platform (GCP), VMware (vSphere), etc.
- Strong experience with infrastructure automation tools and technologies like Chef, Ansible, Puppet, CloudFormation, Terraform, Packer, SCCM, etc.
- Strong CI/CD fundamentals and experience with technologies likes Jenkins, Atlassian, CodePipeline, CodeDeploy, etc.
- Strong knowledge of the Software Development Lifecyle and working closely with engineering to automate their day to day.
- Ability to scripting in Bash, Ruby, Python or Go Lang.
- Experience with version control software like Git or Bitbucket.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Exposure to container technologies like Docker, ECS, Kubernetes, EKS, etc.
- Strong experience migrating companies to AWS.
- Ability to mentor junior team members.
What You Will Be Doing
- 80% Linux
- 20% Windows
- 75% Hands On
- 25% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Pay: Up to $65/hour, DOE
- Contract to hire (contract period of 4-6 Months)
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.