We are working with a enterprise ecommerce company in the North Chicago suburbs looking to bring on a Hadoop developer to help build a data store for their data scientists to utilize to access and pull data from. This is a 6 month contract position with potential for 3 to 6 month extension. You’d be working rather independently and should be comfortable working with a variety of relational databases to pull data into a Hadoop environment using Hive and Pig. Heading into 2019, they plan to implement more streaming technologies, so any experience with Kafka or Storm will be a huge plus as well.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of SQL experience
- Experience pulling data into a Hadoop environment
- Strong written communication
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with streaming tools such as Kafka and Storm
- Ecommerce experience
- Capable of working independently with minimal ramp up time
What You Will Be Doing
- SQL, Hadoop, ETL, some Kafka and Storm
- 100% Hands On
- Work on cross-functional team building data mart
- Pulling data from relational database sources into Hadoop
- Competitive Salary: Up to $80/hr, DOE
- Contract Duration: 6 months with possibility of extension
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.