Senior Data Engineer
One of our Silicon Valley clients who are in the insurance brokerage space and disrupting the insurance market by gaining traction in building a fast-growing customer base, has opened a second headquarter in Downtown Toronto.
They are eagerly looking to bring on an experienced Data Engineer to help scale and improve their data infrastructure capabilities, especially as the firm is rapidly expanding into new product lines and new business ventures. This is a progressive product based startup, with very solid backing by some of the top investors in Silicon Valley and Toronto.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years of solid data engineering experience in Python, Hadoop, Scala or Spark
- Develop, construct and test data architecture/pipelines
- Strong experience in design and build for new data extraction and transformation
- Experience building data warehouses
- Prepare data for business analysis and statistical modeling
- Ensure a solid architecture presence to support a growing business
Desired Skills & Experience
- Great at self-starting new project
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Expertise in SQL and PostgresSQL
- Experience in data modeling, ETL tools, dashboards and reporting
- Bachelors in Comp Sci or Math
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Any experience with AWS is an asset
What You Will Be Doing
- Python, R, Hadoop or Scala, SQL, Postgres, AWS
- 75% Hands On
- 25% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $150K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Unlimited Vacation
- Stock options
- Flex work hours
- Medical, Vision, Dental
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.