Senior Scala Engineer
A global media firm, located in downtown Toronto is looking to bring on a Senior Scala Developer, with hands on production experience with Scala and Java. You will oversee the development of an all new cloud platform and the development of a predictive analytics application to increase online readership and content delivery.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 4+ years of experience with Scala
- 2+ years of experience with Java 8
- Experience with non-relational databases
- Knowledge or experience developing Rest APIs from scratch
- Solid foundational knowledge of algorithms, concurrency, networking
- Familiarity with containerization tools, Docker or Kubernetes
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience and capability to build data APIs
- Experience with cloud computing, preferably AWS
- Strong communication and verbal skills
- Past experience in a leadership position is a plus
- Bachelors/Masters in computer science
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% Scala
- 50% Java, Rest APIs, AWS, PostgresSQL, Unix, Json
- 70% Hands On
- 30% Management Duties
- Competitive Salary: Up to $140K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Statutory Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Excellent benefits
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.