Junior-Mid Level Data Engineer/ ecommerce/ Sunnyvale
I'm currently working with a new AI division over in Sunnyvale who is in charge in managing all the data for store operations. They deal with large amounts of data and work closely with the Machine Learning and Data Science team on a daily basis. They are looking to add 2 additional Jr-Mid level data engineers to come in and work on these pipelines.
This Data Engineer will be responsible for expanding and optimizing the data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and data collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2-4 years of proven experience in Data Engineering
- Degree in Computer Science, EE, Math, etc.
- Language is agnostic but preference for Python or Java
- Experience building out ETL pipelines and working with large amounts of data
- Experience with Big Data or Streaming (Hadoop, NoSQL, Kafka)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Prior experience building Data Pipelines
- Experience with Big Data or Streaming (Hadoop, NoSQL, Kafka, Spark)
- Airflow experience
- Any cloud experience would be a plus
What You Will Be Doing
- 80% Development
- 10% Architecture
- 10% Team Collaboration/POC
- 80% Hands On
- 20% Architecture/Evangelization
- Competitive Salary: Up to $130-150K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible PTO
- Stock Options
- Commuter benefits
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.