Senior Data Scientist/ Python/ Mountain View
Our client was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. In partnership with 170 of the world’s top universities and industry educators, they offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 40 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,800 companies use the company’s enterprise platform for business to transform their talent. They are backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, and GSV Capital.
The Data Science team is helping to build the future of education through data-driven decision making and data-powered products. They drive product and business strategy through measurement, experimentation, and causal inference. They define, develop, and launch the models and algorithms that power content discovery, personalized learning, and machine-assisted teaching and grading. They believe the next generation of teaching and learning should be personalized, accessible, and efficient. With their scale, data, technology, and talent, and Data Science team are positioned to make that vision a reality.
As Senior Data Scientist, Machine Learning you will define and build innovative data-powered products to personalize and scale high-quality experiences for 40 million global learners. The ideal candidate possesses a strong statistical and computational skill set, is collaborative and impact-driven, and shares our passion for education.
Required Skills & Experience
- Solid background in applied math, computer science, statistics, or related technical field
- Deep applied statistics and modeling skills
- Strong computational skills
- Proficient with at least one scripting language (e.g., Python) and at least one statistical software package
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- 3+ years of industry experience preferred
What You Will Be Doing
- Ideate, prototype, and productionize the machine learning algorithms that power Coursera’s product including discovery (e.g., personalized recommendations), learning (e.g., automated study guides, targeted nudges), and instructor-facing features to support learners at scale (e.g., machine-assisted grading and feedback)
- Work cross-functionally with engineers, product managers, and other data scientists on our core discovery and learning products
- Competitive Salary: Up to $200/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Work from home Wednesdays
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.