Senior C++ Software Engineer/ Startup/ Sunnyvale
Our client is a well funded startup that is developing a platform for providing real time predictive data analytics and machine learning for customers in the IoT space. They have users that span automotive, manufacturing, consumer electronics, and oil/gas with large customers such as General Electric, Bosch, and Shell among many others. The company generates millions in revenue and has enough runway for 2+ years without any additional venture capital.
Most other solutions are based in the cloud, but this company is collecting and processing data at the source (i.e. edge computing) which offers a huge competitive advantage for customers who need access to things real time with extremely low latency.
One of the most urgent needs is for a strong C++ distributed systems software engineer.
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong C++ programming skills (C++11 minimally, but 14/17 preferred).
- Experience building reliable/fault tolerant, high performance, scalable distributed systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with real-time data processing systems.
- BS in Computer Science.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with high-performance computing using C++.
- Knowledge of Complex Event Processing Engines (CEP) and real-time reactive stream processing systems (especially functional style).
- Knowledge of compilers/interpreters/language design, embedded systems, security, OS/networking concepts.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science.
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop core platform services and components that power high-performance, low-latency, and low-footprint data processing for the IoT industry.
- Create new applications and infrastructure that run on the edge.
- Work closely with technology leaders and customers to define and explain engineering architecture, concepts and design choices.
- Competitive Salary - up to $185K, DOE
- Excellent Benefits
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Brand New Office
- Great Team Culture
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.