Creative Director/ IoT/ San Mateo
An emerging tech startup is building intelligent security cameras capable for the Internet of Things (IoT) era. Their mission is to modernize the world of physical security with their IoT platform that combines plug-and-play security cameras with intelligent, cloud-based software — all in a scalable, user-friendly system. Hundreds of organizations use their software to protect people and assets, secure facilities, and gain new insights that improve the efficiency of their operations.
The company was founded in 2016 by computer scientists and security experts from Stanford University, and Hans Robertson, the former COO and co-founder of Meraki.
Required Skills & Experience
- Degree in design-related discipline, such as visual communication, writing, Interaction, Interface design, Graphic Design or product design.
- Accomplished creative with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a senior creative role
- Deep understanding in developing end-to-end user experiences across multiple touchpoints (e.g. pamphlets, instruction guides, posters, trade shows, videos, websites, presentations, packaging,)
- Proven ability to lead and mentor teams in in agency or in-house setting
- Expert visual/verbal communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Effective creative problem solver with digital and print experience and an eye for detail.
- Knowledge of marketing, advertising, product and digital experiences
- Comfortable directing strategic high level vision, but can also manage day to day tactical production.
- Passionate about innovation in health and changing people's’ lives.
- Exposure to agile product development environment a plus.
- A trusted network of creative service partners/vendors desirable.
What You Will Be Doing
- Lead and grow a team of artists, designers and content designers to provide copywriting and visual design expertise for brand and marketing communications.
- Own, develop and refine the overall identity and brand in collaboration with Marketing and executive teams.
- Manage creative specialists and agency relationships on a contractual basis as necessary.
- Maintain consistent and effective brand communications for product and sales teams
- Translate ideas based on insights, into real and tangible benefits for customers
- Contribute to and optimize creative workflow and process within an agile setting
- Provide creative input to all areas of product development, social channels, print, campaigns, trade shows, etc.
- Coach team members in developing important skills such as, quality, teamwork and leadership.
- Set clear creative standards and expectations, while empowering the team to own the work and feel supported.
- Up to $200k, DOE
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 12 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.