Senior Linux Engineer
A top client we are working for is looking for someone who will work at the highest systems level to provide expert advice and counsel to users, management and IT project teams for systems of the most complex nature (typically crossing function/location lines). In this job, you will evaluate new technologies and develop departmental standard practices. Recognized as technical expert within the department and demonstrate the ability to provide leadership and guidance to technical and non-technical associates. Identify or react to problems related to the technology infrastructure or in support of the software development process. Demonstrate a broad knowledge level across multiple areas of information technology. May be involved as a key team member on strategic or enterprise-wide technology issues.
Required Skills & Experience
- S/BA, (Education may be substituted for increased years in experience on a year-for-year basis).
- Extensive job experience working with enterprise Linux environments scaling beyond 2000+ systems.
- Extensive job knowledge with enterprise Server Operating Systems such as RHEL 6/7, CentOS, and Ubuntu.
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise deployment strategies for server OS, including clustered solutions.
- Experience and understanding of OS lifecycle management and secure system configurations.
- Experience with patch management tools.
- Experience and ability to drive the adoption of automation to processes
- Require strong automation and scripting Shell is required.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to apply them towards the investigation of existing installations.
- Experience with performance tuning and troubleshooting server OS issues (CPU, Memory and I/O).
- Experience working with both standalone and blade server technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of virtualization technologies.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with AWS Cloud and Azure offerings.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise NAS/SAN technologies.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise clustering technologies.
What You Will Be Doing
- 80% Linux
- 20% Windows Server
- 75% Hands On
- 25% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $145k/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.