Senior Java Engineer
A higher education organization in downtown Los Angeles is looking for a Senior Java Engineer to work on web development redesigning their student portal. You’ll work with Java7, Struts, REST and relational databases to specifically redo student and staff portals for student enrollment. This opportunity offers 2 days remote, flexible hours and competitive salary and benefits.
You’ll work on a team of 6 and report directly to the Director of IT. There is opportunity to influence architecture and object oriented design if you have experience or knowledge in this field. This is an ideal role for someone looking to join a technically focused team and take part in 100% new development on a new project.
Required Skills & Experience
- Hands-on development with Java7 and JSF or Struts/Beans
- Strong understanding of REST/SOAP microservices
- Relational application development (Eclipse is fine)
- Relational Database experience- preferably DB2 on IBM i
Desired Skills & Experience
- Architecture experience
What You Will Be Doing
- 10% Front End
- 90% Back End
- 100% Hands On
- Competitive Salary: Up to $130K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- 2 Days work from home – Remote flexibility
- Flexible hours
- Medical Insurance (Health, Dental and Vision)
- 6 Days Paid Sick Time Leave
- 14 Days of Vacation
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.