Director of Data Science
We’re working with one of the fastest growing healthcare startups in downtown Chicago, and they are looking to bring on a Director of Data Science. This individual will collaborate with other higher ups in the company to understand the company vision, and then work hands on with various analytics departments to drive actionable insights.
The ideal candidate will have a deep background in analytics, and experience building out data science models. They work in Python, and experience with the PyData stack (numpy/pandas/sk-learn) is expected. Away from the technical expertise, candidates should have experience overseeing analytics teams, and working with internal teams to understand business needs. Still interested? Apply today!
Required Skills & Experience
- Master’s/PhD in technical field (Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics etc.)
- 5+ years’ experience with analytics
- 2+ years’ experience leading teams
- Strong understanding of PyData stack/Machine Learning techniques
- Experience working within the cloud
- Ability to understand and translate business needs to technical teams
- Strong communication skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience working in startup environment
- Experience in the healthcare industry
- Experience collaborating on business decisions
- Ability to deploy models into production
What You Will Be Doing
- 60% Analytics/Modeling
- 40% Reporting/Data Visualization
- 50% Leading/Managing teams
- 25% Hands On
- 25% Business Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $200K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Casual work environment
- Brand new office space
- Free snacks
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.