One of North America’s top media publishing houses has built their own AI platform that allows them to measure the value of their content and performance of every part of their website’s performance. The main premise for the platform is to analyze readership performance and assess which news matters the most to their customers. They are therefore looking to hire a data engineer with strong development skills in Scala.
Required Skills & Experience
- 1-2 years of current hands on experience with Scala
- At least 5 years of prior experience with Java.
- Experience with any cloud technology is a requirement
- Must have experience with Docker/Kubernetes
- Proficiency with PostgreSQL, Redis
- Built Restful APIs from scratch
Desired Skills & Experience
- Foundational knowledge of algorithms, concurrency, networking
- Experience and capability to design, specify and build data APIs
- Solid understanding of large system design and streaming big data
- Strong communication and verbal skills
- Ability to lead and take direction
What You Will Be Doing
- 60% Scala
- 40% data processing, SQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, AWS
- 80% Hands On
- 20% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $140K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Statutory Vacation
- Holiday Pay
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.