Principal Software Engineer (Python)
A Healthtech Startup in Chicago is rapidly growing and looking for a Senior Backend Python Engineer to help build their engineering presence in the Midwest! You will be working directly under the VP of Engineering to build the platform from scratch, work on the full SDLC, and help with hiring initiatives. Since this is a new platform and it will be only you and the VP, you will be able to take charge of what technologies go into the application and implement coding best practices.
If you are a backend Python engineer who wants to take on new challenges, build something that helps others, and wants to mentor junior devs, apply below!
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience
- Related Frameworks (Flask, Django, Tornado, etc)
- Postgres database experience
- BS in Computer Science or related degree/experience
- Can build platform from scratch
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with Cloud (AWS)
- Containerization tools (Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible)
- React is a plus!
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% New Development
- Competitive Salary: Up to $180K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Amazing Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) plus Match
- 3 weeks PTO
- Work from Home
- Lunch and Learns
- Sponsored Happy Hours