Director of Engineering / Markham
Our client, one of Toronto’s most innovative companies in the Spa/Wellness Industry, is looking to add a Director of Engineering to lead, build and scale their engineering and Quality Assurance team. As the Director, you’ll lead a team of product developers, QA engineers as they build new features for their cloud based SaaS product. Keeping the team engaged as they scale up; make sure that projects are running without a hitch; and bridge the gap with Product & Design to make sure that they are building is on target and prioritizing customer value.
Although this is a high-level role, they are looking for someone to has strong technical passion and would like to continue to remain very entrenched in the technical design and direction.
For the right person they can pay up to 150K.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience with leading an engineering department with multiple teams
- 10+ years of overall professional software development experience, including 2+ years of experience as an engineering manager or technology lead (SaaS experience is an asset)
- Demonstrate evidence of a strong managerial background, including effective coaching, fostering candid feedback, and having a strong growth mindset
- Extensive track record in building high-performance engineering teams and developing great people in an agile environment
- Proven experience with building, scaling, and organizing a technology function in a rapidly growing environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
What You Will Be Doing
- Build a strong technology strategy that aligns with the company's strategic plan and influences the overall company direction
- Motivate and inspire the team to meet our targets and deliver products that wow our customers
- Remove roadblocks that hold the team back
- Partner with key stakeholders in product, sales, and client success to deliver valuable solutions for our customers
- Inspire and grow the next set of engineering leaders to continue scaling our organization
- Build an engineering culture and brand that is a talent magnet and ensures we hit our engineering hiring plans
- Create and foster an open and transparent culture which encourages experimentation and sharing of new and different ideas
- Competitive Salary: Up to $150K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Our client offers a friendly and open environment. They have a performance oriented culture with a competitive compensation package.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.