Lead Data Engineer
A leading funds and pension company located in Toronto is looking to bring on a Lead big data developer. This would be a full-time opportunity working mainly design, data pipelines, R& D data and internal/external client relationships.
You will be the subject matter expert in data technologies, creating, designing data pipelines in addition to working with clients and mentoring teams! This is an interactive and challenging position where you will be working in agile teams to complete.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience working with large amounts of Data
- Creating data pipelines
- Having experience working with Python/Scala in an Hadoop environment
- Working with SQL servers is ideal
Desired Skills & Experience
- C#, .NET or Java experience is a plus
- Working with Azure or any cloud technologies is a bonus!
What You Will Be Doing
- 60% Data work
- 40% Management, Client work and R&D
- 60% Hands On
- 40% Management Duties and Team
- Competitive Salary: Up to $115K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Statutory Vacation
- Holiday Pay
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.