Senior Product Designer
The leader in on-demand ride sharing and care for children is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join their growing team. This companies platform is the most trusted way for parents to get scheduled rides for their kids to and from school. Parents get peace of mind knowing drivers are vetted and reliable, while schools get end-to-end student transportation that brings more convenience, visibility and cost-efficiency. To date the company has driven over 3.5 million miles, giving rides to more than 500K children -- with rides booked by families and 2000+ schools. They are VC-backed company with funding from top investors including Sequoia Capital and Spark Capital.
As a Senior Designer you will collaborate with designers, engineers, and product managers to craft elegant, customer-focused experiences – working on projects throughout the planning, design and development lifecycle. You will contribute to product vision, and collaborate with a team that defines and designs user interfaces, systems, and the interaction, visual, and motion design patterns for 3 mobile consumer and 2 enterprise applications as they rapidly grow into new markets and scale the business nationally.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years of experience designing and releasing mobile consumer and web enterprise products
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Interaction Design, HCI or similar field
- Tremendous visual design skills and the ability to tell a story
- Ability to juggle multiple top-priority tasks and efficiently focus on delivery
- Proficient in user-centered design methods, exploration, storytelling, and detailed interaction design
- An empathetic and inquisitive nature
- A passion for solving problems from big-picture strategy to the tiny details
- Have a positive attitude, open mind, and a desire to collaborate and learn
- Prototyping skills
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Communicate effectively across all levels of the organization -- from individual contributors to executive staff
What You Will Be Doing
- Design and prototype elegant solutions for mobile and web applications
- Partner with product managers on product strategy and definition
- Identify user needs, sketch solutions with prototypes, usability test with users, and refine designs with data and user feedback
- Document detailed interaction models and UI specifications
- Collaborate with other designers to maintain design consistency and coherence across the features of their platform
- Manage and prioritize a workload of multiple projects from concept to completion
- Evangelize best UX practices to other designers, engineers, and product managers
- Competitive Salary: Up to $180K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Ability to have a huge impact at an early-stage, mission-driven startup
- Competitive compensation, including cash and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits, including paid membership to One Medical
- Delicious and healthy daily catered lunch
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Fun office environment, overlooking the beautiful waters in Redwood Shores
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.