Senior Java Consultant
A major US client of ours with a presence in Mississauga is looking to hire a Senior Java developer on an initial contract of 6 months with possibility of full time hire. They are currently working on modernizing their current software and adding new features to the program.
This is a purely backend role and all new development. You will get to work in a smaller team and make an impact. The role will also allow you to partner with other developers internationally. Therefore someone who is a strong team player and effective communicator will do well here.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years with Java, currently working on Java 8
- 3+ years of experience with REST webservices and APIs
- GraphQL is mandatory, at least 2 years of experience
- Spring boot
- Experience with Oracle, MySQL
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with GIT repo
- Experience deploying on the cloud, pref AWS
- Great communication skills
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% Java 8
- 50% GraphQL, Rest, Springboot
- 70% Hands On
- 30% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $78/hr DOE
- Contract Duration: 6 – 12 Months
You will receive the following benefits:
- Statutory Vacation
- Holiday Pay
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.