Senior C++ Platform Engineer / Video Streaming
Our client is building a disruptive multimedia platform. They have received numerous awards for their products, are well funded, and have paying customers. They have a complex technical environment that includes cloud-enabled devices, desktop and mobile apps for real-time streaming. As a platform software engineer, you will be developing cutting edge real-time features on top of a WebRTC media stack and/or an embedded Linux device.
Required Skills & Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Well versed in C and C++ and C.
- Experience working with large code bases.
- Strong fundamentals - algorithms, design patterns, data structures, etc.
- Experience with media frameworks and applications, with a focus on real-time audio / video.
Desired Skills & Experience
- MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with WebRTC and Chromium.
- Experience with ALSA, PulseAudio, Gstreamer, Ffmpeg, Bluez etc.
- Experience with the Linux kernel.
- Experience with computer vision, image or audio signal processing.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work closely with product managers & designers.
- Prototyping and develop solutions for millions of users.
- Participate in code reviews, team discussions.
- Guarantee a smooth UX by writing well tested & highly performant code.
- Competitive Salary: Up to $200k/year DOE
- Great benefits
- Flexible work hours
- Walkable from Caltrain
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.