Senior Server-Side Engineer - Python/Java/NoSQL/AWS
One of the world leader’s in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology is hiring a fulltime Senior Software Engineer in their Lake Forest location. They offer interrelated advanced solutions targeted at customers who have commercial needs or to large governmental end users.
As the Senior Software Engineer you will be working in a mixed technology environment (Python, Java, and C++) to develop backend server code for a distributed environment. There will be a heavy focus on microservice REST API development built in Java and Python. You will get to touch some of the latest technologies and work on a platform that affects millions worldwide.
This is a great opportunity to join a new dev initiative while working with some new technologies, apply today!
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of PROFESSIONAL experience in software development
- Extensive experience with Linux backend server-side engineering
- Strong programming ability in Python
- Some experience programming in Java and/or C++
- Ability to develop and implement REST APIs from scratch
- Knowledge of one or more database systems like MongoDB, Oracle, Postgres
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design
- Demonstrated knowledge of the full software product development lifecycle
- Agile methodologies, bug tracking, source control, and unit testing
- Excellent communication – oral and written
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-based environment
- Creative thinking and problem solving ability
- Willingness to take on challenging work
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with location-based services – i.e. mapping, geocoding, navigation, etc.
- Working experience with lower-level languages like C/C++
- Prior work in an AWS ecosystem and exposure to Docker
- WebSockets and TCP/IP
- Scripting languages
- Testing and deployment automation
- Master’s degree in computer science or similar field
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Server side
- Competitive Salary: Up to $140K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- 401(k) with match
- Bonus potential
- 4 weeks PTO
- Flexible working hours
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.