Lead CFD Developer (SaS Startup)
A spin-off startup in Palo Alto is looking for a Lead Computational Fluid Dynamics Developer to help lead their lean, entrepreneurial team of world-class engineers and scientists. They’ve created their own pay as you go subscription model that allow companies to maintain their own high-performance computing systems. This young company is growing fast with clients across the field of acoustics, ultrasounds, radio electronics, etc.
In this role you with be responsible for the following duties:
- Lead a small team to identify, develop, integrate, and evaluate CFD algorithms that extend their numerical solvers
- Document efforts in technical reports, publish papers, and present at scientific conferences/meetings
Required Skills & Experience
- PhD in Engineering with a focus on developing fluid dynamics solvers
- Knowledge of commercial and open source multi-physics analysis software
- You have extensive experience developing CFD algorithms for high performance computing environments (i.e. distributed CPU and GPU systems)
- You have substantial knowledge of modern software development tools, techniques, and best practices
- You have a track record of experience developing CFD programs using numerical methods for specific applications (i.e. scalar transport, turbulence, structure interaction, compressible/incompressible flow)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with the following languages: C++, FORTRAN, C, Python
What You Will Be Doing
- 80% Development
- 20% Evaluation
- 80% Hands-on development
- 10% Documentation
- 10% Management
- Competitive salaries
- Pre-IPO stock
- Vacation PTO
- Perks- Meals/Snacks, Beer Wednesdays, etc.
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.