Senior UX Design Manager
One of Santa Monica’s dedicated, fast-growing start-ups is looking to hire a full-time senior manager of user experience design.
Their Chief Operations Officer is looking for someone with a highly exceptional skill set, who has either worked successfully at a top tier company or for whatever reason was not interested to work there, but could have. This position is focused mainly on hands-on design of user interfaces and workflows. The vast majority of the work is around creating and enhancing interfaces based on known challenges and user data, rather than conducting new, original research.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4 years' experience, with track record of exceptional UX designs
- Strong interest to collaborate with product managers and engineers to rapidly iterate and refine designs
- Ability to work quickly in a very demanding, rapidly evolving environment
- Willingness to create designs that embrace platform standards, resulting in simple, delightful UIs that are fast to build and easy to maintain
- Solid aesthetic sense and ability to implement standard style guide strongly preferred
Desired Skills & Experience
- Startup experience
- Enjoys working on a small team as lone designer
- Extensive work on actual wireframes and UX process
- Experience in e-commerce is preferred but not required
What You Will Be Doing
- Report directly to the COO/co-founder
- Facilitate the design of user experiences for all products, including web return flows, mobile return apps, and internal web apps for processing items
- Coordinate with product managers and engineers to understand the needs of users as well as technical constraints, and quickly create and refine prototypes to meet these needs in a way that is simple, easy, and delightful
- Add visual design for external-facing interfaces in accordance with the company's style guide
- Perform any other work necessary to ensure the company's products provide world-class user experiences as we rapidly scale the business
- Competitive Salary: Up to $130,000/year, DOE
- Equity: 20K options
You will receive the following benefits:
- Full medical, vision, and dental)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.