Senior Software Developer
One of the hottest startup companies in downtown Toronto are looking for senior backend engineers to add to their growing team. What we are looking for are senior developers that are focused heavily on the Java backend side and understand the development ecosystem. You will get the opportunity to work on a very highly scalable project used by millions of users as well.
In this role you will work on technologies like Java, Spring, Spring.boot, microservices, Docker, Kubernetes and cloud technologies as well.
You will be part of a progressive and fast paced culture, using the latest technologies, working within a small team and getting exposed to the entire engineering ecosystem.
If you are a senior backend Java developer and have proven that you can pick up new technologies easily, then we would love to speak with you!
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3-5 years of professional experience in Java
- Experience or deep understanding of microservices
- Experience using Linux containers such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Real-time messaging systems such as Kafka
Desired Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Any cloud technology
- Architectural concept understanding
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent experience
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% backend development
- 60% Hands On
- 40% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $130K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Holiday Pay
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.