Senior Data Scientist
Our client is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, this well-funded start-up is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take users of the public from A to B at the touch of a button. Our client takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with engineers, product managers, and technical program managers working side-by-side. They’re growing their quantitative analysis and data science team and are looking for colleagues who are passionate about data -- about designing systems that generate meaningful data, about finding out what it is telling us, and about using it to improve the world.
Required Skills & Experience
- PhD or MS in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, or any related quantitative field
- A minimum of 2 yeas of professional working experience excluding academic research or internships
- Deep working knowledge of statistical programming (R, Python) and database languages (e.g., SQL)
- Experience with source/version control software, continuous integration, unit testing, build processes
- Experience articulating practical questions and using mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data. Experience translating analysis results into actionable recommendations
- Experience conducting research or working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Exposure with NLP is a bonus
What You Will Be Doing
- 80% Python
- 20% R
- 80% Hands On
- 20% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $180K /year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Stock Options
- Flexible hours
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.