Senior Electrical Engineer (Healthcare Wearable)
A Redwood City startup in the consumer wearables space is hiring a Senior Electrical Engineer. This company’s application is used by countless professional athletic teams and college teams across the country. Joining the company, you’ll work in a casual, forward-thinking environment that emphasizes healthy lifestyles.
Looking for someone with 5+ years of professional electrical engineering experience that can work closely with the rest of the hardware, software and product teams to architect, design, develop, and deliver new products for their wearable market. You will also be responsible for streamlining the manufacturing process. This role will give you an opportunity to gain more hands-on experience with ARM, BLE, WiFi, IMUs, 9-axis motion tracking modules, GPS, and EMG sensors
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s or higher in Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of HW design experience
- You’ve successfully led development from architecture concept to shipment
- You have solid experience with analog and digital circuit design
- Experience designing PCBs with ARM based SOC’s, Nordic BLE, WiFi, IMU’s, 9-axis sensors, GPS, microcontrollers, FPGA, RAM, Flash, and other peripherals etc.
- Experience with Nordic BLE chips/stacks and WiFi based designs
- Proficiency with system level hardware design and architecture, electronics development and analysis, system reliability, system bring up, and validation
- Experienced with optimizing for power and resource-constrained systems
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with Altium Designer
- Proficient in C/C++ and Python
What You Will Be Doing
- 85% Specify, design, component selection/qualification, circuit design, schematic entry, oversee board layout, PCB release, prototyping, etc.
- 15% Provide EE support for product design transfer to manufacturing
- 90% Hands-on
- 10% Mentorship
- Competitive Salary: Up to $175K/year, DOE
- Catered lunches and fully stocked snacks/drinks
- Onsite gym with personal trainers, yoga, etc.
- Flexible work hours/PTO
- Fun, creative and collaborative work environment
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.