Senior C# Developer
A leading fleet management company located in downtown Toronto is looking for a Senior .NET Developer to join their Toronto team.
Required Skills & Experience
- Write maintainable, clean, re-usable, object-oriented, and efficient programming code in compliance with department standards and templates.
- Investigating the root cause of issues and providing resolution.
- Work within source control utilizing branching, merging, proper check-in procedures, and passing of continuous builds to ensure that software is always releasable
- Practice Test Driven Development (TDD) and ensuring that unit tests are created prior to writing programming code and that any programming code is structured in such a way to maximize testability
- Resolve software bugs in the programming code and modify unit tests to prevent future regression
- Perform various types of testing including black box, white box, integration, functional, systems, sanity, smoke, regression, acceptance, stress, load, performance, usability, installation, recovery, security, compatibility, and more on software systems
- Work within the context of department processes and procedures
- Peer review programming code and participate in code reviews
- Learn and understand the technical details of all relevant products and having hands-on familiarity of the system as required
Desired Skills & Experience
- A minimum of six (6) years of demonstrated prior work experience conducting the primary responsibilities outlined in this job description
- Excellent English verbal communication skills, due to a need to communicate with remote personnel over the phone or similar medium. Proficient English written skills.
- Excellent organization skills with an ability to switch from one task to another,
- Comfortable at the data level with an ability to diagnose the root cause of issues by querying data from a variety of sources, such as Excel, XML, databases, etc.
- Strong working knowledge and skill with C# and the .NET framework.
- Experience with advanced debugging techniques, such as breakpoints, watches, attaching to remote processes, utilizing dump files, etc. within Visual Studio.
- Exceptional knowledge and skill with SQL Server 2008, 2012, and later is essential.
- Exceptional knowledge of the various tools provided by SQL Server and windows, including SQL Server Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, client statistics, execution plans, statistics, etc.
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Developing
- 80% Hands On
- 20% Management Duties
- Competitive Salary: Up to $120K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Statutory Vacation
- Holiday Pay
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.