Senior Big Data Engineer
One of the fastest-growing security companies in the history of Silicon Valley looking to add a well-versed candidate to their Threat Intelligence team. This opportunity offers the chance to make an impact on ending breaches and protecting our cyber-space! You will be assisting in re-architecting their current system, setting a disaster recovery plan, and gain knowledge on elastic search.
You will have the opportunity to learn this company’s framework that has a blend of past secuity disruptions that gives customers the upmost security protection from their cloud-based applications. You will have the opportunity and autonomy for designing and developing their scalable data processes and data storage. This opportunity includes adapting to conventional Big Data frameworks and tools. If this sounds like something you are interested in being a part of, we would love to talk to you!
Required Skills & Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with large amounts of data
- Experience with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, HBase, Elastic Search, and Kafka
- Excellent inter-personal and communicative skills
- US work authorization is required
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ability to mentor junior engineers
- Re-architecting and scaling a whole distributed system from the ground-up
What You Will Be Doing
- 80% Hands On – architecture design and development
- 10% Management Duties – mentoring junior data engineers
- 10% Team Collaboration – communication is key
- Competitive Salary: Up to $250K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical, Vision, Dental
- Unlimited PTO
- Catered lunch
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.