Senior Data Scientist (Insurance)
A major insurance analytics company in the north burbs needs a data scientist with a background in risk assessment and financial forecasting to join their growing team.
You’d be working with MASSIVE amounts of data from some of the most well-known names in the insurance industry. They are in the process of migrating their legacy data environment from SAS to Hadoop with some Python for their new data models.
This is your opportunity to work with a small, autonomous team within a large company. If you live in the burbs and don’t want to work on a legacy application, send me your resume.
Required Skills & Experience
- SAS experience (ideally in a former role)
- Experience with Python or R for data modeling/scripting
- Exposure to a large-scale data environment
- Experience working with Hadoop and NoSQL
- Experience working on a small tight knit team
Desired Skills & Experience
- Exposure to Machine learning
- Experience migrating a legacy environment
- In-depth experience with data visualization
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% Data Pipelining
- 50% Data Modeling
- 75% Hands On
- 25% Team Collaboration/architecture/planning
- Competitive Salary: Up to $120K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.