Senior Software Engineer – Firmware ( C++, C#, Windows, Linux)
Our Irvine based client is in the Software Security space and they are growing rapidly. they are currently hiring for a Senior level Software engineer. The Senior Software Engineer is a key member of the technology team, responsible for ensuring that accurate and high-performance software engineering needs are met consistently. The effective candidate has a strong background and very current skill-set with Microsoft Windows Desktop application and disk-level / driver-level utilities. The successful candidate is experienced with multiple software development methodologies and platforms, can work within a mixed Windows & Unix environment, and is willing to jump in and tackle the most complex problems while offering innovative solutions.
- Understand the and take ownership of a legacy code-base and patterns that drive existing technology.
- Take ownership of any and all areas of the software infrastructure and be prepared to identify opportunities for improvement and then implement them.
- Collaborate with the multi-team build and release process and be equipped to manually manage and configure software builds inside and outside of an automated continuous build and release system.
- Understand, adopt, and then enforce all company policies such as code reviews, team meetings, architecture and language-specific coding & software design standards.
- Work with software engineers, developers, and sales team members to foster a deep understanding of the business.
- Contribute innovative ideas and design sophisticated software for the betterment of the firm.
General Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
Successful candidates should have some or all of the following experience and skills:
- Masters or Bachelor’s Degree (typically majoring in Computer Science is a must
- Microsoft Visual Studio Development – C#.NET + C++ is a must
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2017/2015 recent hands-on experience is a must
- Desktop publishing in C#.Net for single workstation-based rich client applications is a must
- Multi-Platform, Windows, Unix, and Cloud Experience a plus
- Disk and device driver (kernel) level experience with C++. Ability to work with NTFS volumes
- Driver signing and certificate expertise – SSL and certificate application process (preferred)
- Experience working with COM objects, external card-reader devices (preferred)
- Process-oriented Waterfall & SCRUM SDLC Project Methodology Experience (preferred)
- Software Architecture, OOAD, and UML Experience (preferred)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills – Formulaic / Pivot / Macros (preferred)
- Hands-on with at least one Major Database Provider (E.G. SQL Server) (preferred)
- Scripting Language Experience (preferred)
- Build Script / Continuous Build & Release Experience (preferred)
- Software Team Leadership Role Experience (preferred)
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit