Factory Mechatronics Systems Engineer / Technical Product Manager (Well Funded Startup)
Our client is well funded having recently closed nearly $20 million in funding. They are growing quickly with many new customers and are in the process of building out a huge new manufacturing facility in the heart of San Francisco. The company has developed cutting edge software and is leveraging robotics to disrupt the low volume electronics manufacturing industry. They can produce prototypes of higher quality and faster than the competition.
They are looking for a Factory Systems Engineer who can guide development for the most automated electronics manufacturing system in the world. You'll develop expertise with the company's robotic factory floor and conduct technical product management in collaboration with the software engineering team, ultimately defining the next generation of manufacturing.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or a related field
- 3+ years of experience working as an engineer in a similar function
- Some experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Good understanding of Python - if you can actually write some code, even better
- Ability to create compelling presentations, reports, and spreadsheets
- Experience with Printed Circuit Board schematic design, layout, DFM, fabrication, assembly
- Demonstrated leadership; tendency to develop support and advocacy across teams of diverse roles and personalities
Desired Skills & Experience
- Product management experience and/or training
- Program / project management experience and/or training
- Product management on manufacturing automation or other robotic systems
- Experience designing, programming, and operating robotic systems
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop expertise with various technologies including robotic PCBA equipment and its respective software; ensure the company is properly leveraging the capabilities of these systems
- Analyze the manufacturing process to identify, prioritize, and implement improvements for increased efficiency and quality
- Assist in the evaluation, trade studies, selection, and purchase of various new technologies, both hardware (e.g. robots) and 3rd-party software
- Collaborate closely with both the manufacturing and the software engineering groups to roll out newly acquired or newly developed hardware and software technology
- Define, guide, and assess internal software development efforts focused on factory automation, resource scheduling, process tracking and measurement, translation of design data into machine programs, and automated CAD analysis
- Competitive Salary: Up to $175k/year DOE
- Competitive Equity Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO and Work Hours
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.