Hadoop Administrator (DataOps) - W2 contract
A predictive marketing startup in late stage venture is building a turn-key platform that will improve and facilitate marketing efforts.
The VP of Engineering is looking to bring on Contract DataOps engineer who will be working closely with platform and SaaS operations to maintain a Big Data platform specifically in Hadoop. On top of doing the Hadoop administration you will be able to get your hands on modern AWS cloud infrastructure and work with orchestration and automation technology.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5 years in Systems Engineering on linux platforms (SRE, TechOps, SysAdmin)
- At least a year of hands-on experience maintaining a Hadoop Cluster
- Python, Ruby, or Bash for automation and scripting
- Orchestration/Configuration tools such as Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt
- Experience on a public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) in production
Desired Skills & Experience
- Specific experience on monitoring/logging tools like ELK, Kafka, Prometheus
- CI/CD setup with Jenkins
- Containerization with Docker
What You Will Be Doing
- 60% Hands-on Engineering
- 30% Architecture/planning
- 10% Team Collaboration
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.