Senior Linux Systems Engineer
A leading finance company that is dedicated to taking time and cost out of real estate transactions is looking to hire a Linux system engineer to design and maintain IT systems to keep critical business applications highly available and performing as efficiently as possible. This company uses integrated technologies to focus on clients and their processes, increasing closing rates and minimizing corporate infrastructure.
This position involves analyzing requirements for solving complex business problems and executing detailed implementation plans, as well as installing, testing, implementing, and supporting systems from the physical, virtual and application layers. Other responsibilities include diagnosing and resolving various multi-faceted issues regarding system configuration, hardware and software installations, troubleshooting errors and following through on correcting problems. If you are interested in taking on a hands-on approach and making an impact, feel free to apply.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years Information Technology experience in Systems Engineering
- Expert level knowledge and experience with Linux Server, VMware vSphere, Scripting (Bash, Perl, PowerShell or similar scripting) technologies
- Experience with configuration management systems including Puppet, Chef or similar
- Experience with application containerization including Docker
- Database Experience including SQL, MySQL, MariaDB
- Experience with F5, Cisco, Palo Alto, or similar network equipment
- Comfortable collaborating with Dev teams to deploy releases to production, update apps, patch systems
- Familiar monitoring system operations through SolarWinds, Zabbix, Nagios, Cacti or similar applications
- Comfortable using open-sourced apps including Apache, WordPress, MySQL, MariaDB, GitLab, Ansible, Docker
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as a part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to quickly solve complex issues with little or no assistance
- Experience supporting financial services applications and systems
- 50% Scripting (Bash, PowerShell)
- 50% Configuration Management (Chef, Puppet)
- 40% Hands On
- 30% Management Duties
- 30% Team Collaboration
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.