Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
This company located in Toronto is looking to add a senior Ruby on Rails developer to their team. This company develops large scale financial applications that are used by some of the largest hedge funds and investment firms in the world. The applications you will have a chance to build out handles immense amounts of financial data so prior experience working on large scale applications is a must. From a technical aspect the platform is built using Ruby on Rails and React but any experience with Node is a big plus. If you’re someone that enjoys the fast paced financial industry and building high transactional software then this is the position for you!
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of Ruby on Rails experience
- 1+ years of experience with React
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Prior experience working on high transactional software
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or any other related fields
- Any experience working with Node is a big plus
- Prior experience working on financial software
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% Front end development with React and Redux
- 50% Back end development with Ruby on Rails
- 90% Hands On Development
- 10% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $110K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- RSP Matching
- 4 weeks of vacation
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.