Senior Machine Learning Engineer
A SaaS based company that specializes in FinTech Software is looking to build out a Machine Learning team. They are on the hunt for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to work with the current development group to help put together the framework that will eventually be a key piece on all new development projects.
The ideal candidate will have a solid academic background in either Machine Learning or AI, in-depth experience with building algorithms and strong ability with Python and R. Since you will be working with the development team it is extremely important that you have the ability to articulate the finer details to technical and non-technical people.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience with both R and Python
- Strong mathematics background, ideally with a PhD or Masters in AI or Machine Learning
- Ability to work in a group
- Desire to build a Machine Learning team
- Strong written and oral communication
Desired Skills & Experience
- Product Manager experience
- Strong understanding of FinTech software
- Previous experience as a developer is an asset
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% algorithm development
- 40% prototyping
- 10% coding
- 60% Hands On
- 30% Dealing with the cross functional teams
- 10% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $130K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Statutory Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Bonus plan
- Optimal growth potential
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.