Hardware Engineering Manager (Connected Cars / Well- Funded)
Be a part of a startup that is disrupting the way people utilize transportation. This office, in San Mateo, is relatively small so there is the opportunity to have a huge impact on the business. The engineers that work here are not constrained to doing just one thing. You will have the opportunity to work across multiple disciplines solving a wide range of challenges across embedded custom hardware and firmware, mobile-first user experience, analytics, scalable real-time scheduling and monitoring.
The team is looking for a Hardware Lead/Manager to design and bring up embedded devices for connected-car applications and maintain hardware through the manufacturing lifecycle. Since the team is small you’ll still be majority hands-on, but will also be responsible to mentor junior engineers and contribute to the overall architecture.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in the following technologies: embedded system board, RFID, GPS, BLE, GSM, board bring-up, and validation
- Significant microcontroller experience (ARM, PIC, etc.)
- Experience being a team lead or manager
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with peers from a variety of disciplines
- Clear written and verbal communication
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with various hardware design and validation tools
- Breadth and depth of skill to build and deliver complete features
What You Will Be Doing
- 60% Hardware maintenance through the manufacturing lifecycle
- 20% Turning requirements to design documents
- 20% Design, bring up
- 70% Hands On
- 30% Management Duties
- Competitive compensation
- Free gym membership
- Discounts of their product
- Collaborative, free-flowing working environment
- Daily catered lunches/snacks
- Team outings every month
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.