Director of Engineering, Hands on Python Development
A luxury fitness brand is looking to expand their digital content team, and therefore is hiring for a Director of Engineering who can be hands on, developing in Python. The Director of Engineering must be able to set the engineering standards cross the team, and institute best practices and code reviews. The Director of Engineering will need to partner across multiple engineering teams, QA, business, and Product Engineers to deliver high performing and scalable solutions.
The company has recently acquired several organizations, and is growing rapidly so it’s an exciting time to get involved. The Director of Engineering will need to comfortable with some hands-on development and architecture using the latest technologies, and will lead code reviews, software design decisions, and mentorship.
Required Skills & Experience
- 7+ years’ experience with software engineering
- Prior experience leading and mentoring small teams
- Expert skills in architecting scalable solutions for enterprise software
- Experience in architecting and coding in Python (exposure to Java, Node.js or .NET is a plus)
- Familiarity with modern front end technologies and frameworks
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Strong understanding of AWS, EC2, and related technologies
- Strong knowledge in both relational and non-relational databases
Desired Skills & Experience
- Exposure to mobile development
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and application security
- Experience evaluating and improving legacy systems
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% Management Duties
- 30% Architecture
- 20% Coding
- Competitive Salary: Up to $200K DOE
- Gym membership
- Employee discounts
- Flexible PTO
- Full health benefits
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.