SQL SVR Expert ( Dev., Administration, Performance)
The Most Well-known bond trading firm in the US is currently seeking a SQL SVR expert, to work in a fast paced environment, providing both production & development support. This position will work closely with various development groups across the firm, and should demonstrate his/her ability as a technical expert on the team.
Required Skills & Experience
•Provide production support, solutions and expertise for 100+ SQL Servers in multiple data centers, including development, test and production environments.
· Ability to troubleshoot difficult production issues quickly.
· SQL Server installations, configuration, upgrades and patching.
· Tune complex SQL proactively & reactively as required. Be able to rewrite SQL queries where necessary.
· Design, implement, and maintain capacity planning for their database systems.
· Database development including writing stored procedures, functions, triggers, indexes and jobs.
· Perform Database Upgrades as required.
· Help design, maintain, improve and implement monitoring tools.
· Resolve complex database related issues and outages.
· Handle your share of DBA tickets, user requests, routine support and maintenance.
· Ability to work off hours / weekends as required.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 0+ years’ experience as a Microsoft SQL Server DBA.
· Experience in use of T-SQL for SQL Code and stored procedures are required.
· Experience with clustering, Always On, SSRS, SSIS and disaster recovery exercises.
· Experience with Backups, Restores, DBCC commands & SQL Profile.
· Proven track record of physical optimization, query optimization and capacity planning.
· Proven track record of SQL and database tuning on VLDBs.
· Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills.
· Good communication skills.
· Good interpersonal skills; able to build consensus and work closely with fellow DBA’s.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Management Information Systems, or equivalent.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
· Experience with database replication technology, such as Sybase Rep Server & Oracle Golden Gate.
· Experience with Sybase IQ, ASE, Oracle and/or MongoDB is a plus. Experience with MATLAB / Mathematics Computational platform (preferred)
Benefits & Perks