A cryptocurrency start-up, who is building out an Engineering team here in downtown San Francisco is looking for a Kubernetes Engineer to join their team engineering team. This bootstrap start-up builds a real-time trading platform for digital currencies. Doing over half a billion dollars of Bitcoin transactions a day this start-up does more Bitcoin (BTC) trading than any other platform in the world. Reporting directly to the VP of Engineering, this Senior Kubernetes Engineer will partner closely with the other Senior DevOps Engineer on one the company’s main initiatives. This main project is migrating the existing infrastructure onto Kubernetes (k8s) from design into a production. This Senior Kubernetes Engineer should have production level experience with Kubernetes; designing, deploying and administering it.
Required Skills & Experience
- Senior level experience managing and administering Linux based systems.
- Solid experience and overall understanding of AWS infrastructure (EC2, S3, VPC, etc.)
- Clear understanding of container technologies and the tools/challenges around them.
- Strong experience and knowledge of Kubernetes architecture and operations.
- Ability to code/script in Python and/or Go Lang.
- Knowledge or experience in Terraform.
- Systems monitoring experience (Prometheus preffered).
Desired Skills & Experience
- Security expertise.
- Other cloud experience like GCP or Azure.
What You Will Be Doing
- 33% automation
- 33% AWS
- 33% Kubernetes
- 50% Hands On
- 50% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $225,000/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Profit sharing
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.