Senior Front-End Developer (ANGULAR)
The regional leader in providing health care insurance coverage and related services throughout the northeast is looking to hire a Senior Front-End Developer with strong Angular skills for a minimum 6-month contract in Owings Mill, Maryland. Hourly rate: $60 - $70/hour + benefits.
You will be required to assist with the technical oversight of the front-end architecture for Member Facing Digital Applications. The goal will be to rethink, refactor, and rebuild the foundations that support the front-end.
• Migrate and architect existing applications from Angular 1 to latest version of Angular while implementing industry standards and best practices.
• Migrate existing applications from Bootstrap 3 to the latest version.
• Support creation and maintenance of the technical roadmap for each product, providing relevant documentation and detail of the investments necessary to reach goals.
• Effective communication is key. The consultant should be able to modulate his/her approach to specific audiences both technical and non-technical.
• Architecture level technical oversight of the front-end for multiple products, laying the groundwork for development of elegant, robust user experiences using a modern approach to the web.
• Coordinate with back-end platform and API teams to understand impact and integrate with existing and future APIs.
• Expert-level knowledge of AngularJS (1.x), Angular (2+).
• Proficient in HTML and CSS with knowledge of web standards, advanced layouts, and responsive design.
• Comfortable with various build tools, template languages, and pre-processors.
• Maintains a test-centric approach to development in order to build and deploy with confidence.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• At least 8 years of professional experience in software engineering preferred.
• Expert knowledge of Angular and Bootstrap.