Mid-Level Backend Engineer
A mid-sized fintech startup in Flatiron is looking for a Mid-Level Backend Engineer to join their growing development team. This venture-backed startup delivers a platform which provides users with highly personalized information and analytics to enable them to make the best possible financial decisions they can. The platform utilizes Machine Learning and AI technologies to provide real-time suggestions on buying a car, to refinancing to retirement and more.
You will be working on a small team where you will be focused heavily on the back end, but with the opportunity to wear multiple hats as the focus of the team expands. You would have the opportunity to work on multiple components of the platform and collaboration among teams is a significant part of this position.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2-6 years of professional development experience
- Knowledge of 2+ programming languages (e.g. Java, PHP, Perl, C#, C++, Ruby, Python, etc.)
- Understanding of relational databases (SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Sybase, etc.)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in a startup environment
- CS degree or equivalent
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Highly competitive salary and equity
- Beautiful, open office space