Senior Mobile Java Engineer
Cutting edge company that specializes in mobile app development platforms is seeking a Senior Software Engineer in Newport Beach with a proven track record of designing and developing scalable software systems that leverage open source and big data related technologies. Salary $110,000-$130,000.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Strong experience in building highly scalable, available and responsive systems using open source software tools and technologies
- 8-10 years of professional software development
- 8-10 years strong Java development experience
- Good experience with REST API frameworks
- Previous experience in Ad Tech software with familiarity with OpenRTB, VAST and/or MRAID would be a big plus.
- Extremely strong SQL skills
- Experience doing Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI) and test automation.
- Should have worked on concurrent, distributed systems.
- Responsible, organized and hardworking with excellent communication skills
- Experience with agile development processes
- Experience with cloud delivery platforms, ideally AWS
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years Big Data related technologies (Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, Hive, Cloudera)
- Experience as technical lead and mentoring junior developers
- Experience with NoSQL databases like HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, Aerospike
- Comfortable with linux, scripting(shell, python etc)
- Experience with mobile related technology (iOS/Android)
- Experience developing applications that interact with message queues (RabbitMQ or Kafka).
Benefits & Perks
- Fun, casual, fast-paced work environment filled with talented colleagues
- Competitive salary
- Pre-IPO stock options - including “early exercise” provision
- Flexible paid time off
- Full range of benefits, including 401(k) and medical, dental and vision coverage