Senior Software Developer
A leading market analytics company in Markham is looking for an Intermediate/Senior Software Engineer to join their rapidly growing team. They began in 2005 when we started providing customized web crawling and data mining solutions. In this role, you will be responsible for contributing to their core product and building out their cloud Front-end using all cutting-edge technologies. One of their main clients is NASA! The office is located in a convenient location and offers great growth potential.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 5+ years’ software development experience. Proficient in major object oriented programming languages including C++, Java, Python and Ruby, comfortably coding in different languages.
- Strong in Test-Driven Development (TDD), committed with all software developed in repetitive short development cycles and in 100% unit test coverage.
- Solid experience in NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, Redis or MongoDB.
- Proficient in Cloud Computing with Amazon EC2 auto scaling, Ubuntu, Linux server automation, automated application deployment (Ansible).
- Comfortable in pair programming, strong skills working with other developers in a collaborative team.
- Highly motivated, strive to use best programming and software development practices at all times.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Actively work in a collaborative, TDD, agile, cross-functional / cross-disciplinary team.
- Develop, debug and troubleshoot across multiple systems and applications.
- Contribute to scalable software artifacts that are easy to maintain, improve and refactor.
- Write tests and develop code to pass tests, maintain a 100% fully tested code repository.
- Communicate with clients to define requirements, collect feedback and provide improved solutions.
Benefits & Perks
- To be discussed.