My client in the west end is one of the most recognized apps with over 113 million average monthly page views. They are looking to add a unique role to their team of mobile engineers, playing a critical role leading propriety Location Tracking and Proximity Detection technology. This role will be a source of innovative ideas and collaboration with different teams to plan and integrate the Location technology and how to store, process and share these data insights for developing new products and services for customers.
Required Skills & Experience
- Technical Lead for proprietary Location Tracking and Proximity Detection technology
- Collaborate with Mobile Development team to plan and integrate the Location technology into Mobile devices
- Collaborate with QA on field-testing advanced in Location/Proximity technology
- Collaborate with the Data BU engineers to store/process/derive the Location/Proximity data insights needed to power Analytics based products for customers
- Be a source of innovative ideas personally and via connections within the industry
- Liaise with key external providers of key Location/Proximity technologies and associated knowhow
- Keep abreast of evolving iOS and Android Mobile sensor hardware and software capabilities
- Keep abreast of evolving advanced multi-sensor fused location techniques from academia
- Minimum of 7 years of development experience ideally Software+Hardware
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Math or Computer/Software/Electrical-related Engineering
- Master’s degree or above ideal
- Experience in the following are assets: Mobile Proximity Analytics, Mobile Location-based Services, Mobile Phone Sensors (GPS, BT, Wi-Fi, motion, environmental, etc.), Algorithmic Efficiency, Optimizing for Mobile Power Consumption
Desired Skills & Experience
- A passion for keeping pace with the constant state of rapid evolution in the data world
- Creative & innovative thinker (outside-the-box thinking)
- Entrepreneurial – Taking initiative, Finding and executing great ideas with minimal resources and always works to add value to team.
- Visionary – Wants to leave a lasting impact on business
- Excellent communicator within the team
- Thinks big and is highly self-motivated
Benefits & Perks
- To be discussed.