Front End Engineer
In this company, Front End Engineers work on big problems in literacy education, from building the infrastructure necessary to handle tens of millions of users to solving novel problems in text complexity and personalization. They care deeply about the relationships developers have with each other and the company. Therefore, developers work closely with the product managers, designers, and domain experts to build software that's beautiful and useful. If you love working on features that make a real difference, this role is for you.
Required Skills & Experience
- Write thoughtful, literate code under the guidance of a Senior Web Developer.
- Work on an interdisciplinary team to translate high-level project goals into concrete tasks.
- Bring technical expertise and creativity to your projects and conversations.
- Strong time management and communication skills
- 3+ years of professional full-stack web application development experience.
- Demonstrated contributions to complex, high-traffic, performance-optimized web applications.
- Hands-on experience with front-end frameworks, particularly React and Redux.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-driven and work with minimal supervision.
- Git experience and code collaboration in teams.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working in education.
- An eye for interaction design, user experience, and finishing touches.
- Strong expertise in any of the following areas: human-computer interaction, particularly accessibility; mobile development, including responsive design; operations, including AWS, dev-ops or data engineering; data science, including machine learning, statistics or data visualization.
Benefits & Perks
We offer an excellent compensation package, stock, benefits and a ton of other perks.
Local applicants only and no corp to corp please!