Senior QA Engineer (SQL, C#, Automation)
Title: Senior QA Engineer / Lead (Automation, C#, SQL)
A publicly traded Healthcare Services company located in the Inland Empire is currently seeking a senior level QA Engineer on a contract to hire basis to join their growing team of QA engineers. The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for ensuring that testing of IT software applications is done thoroughly to reduce likelihood of business interruptions and regulatory risks. This role involves developing test plans, test cases, test scenarios, and requirements as well as the actual hands-on testing of various applications. The QA engineer must be able to work independently, often times working directly with business users and IT groups to understand and document system requirements for test planning purposes. In addition, they need to provides leadership and direction to IT and business team members, leveraging experience to guide test strategies and decision-making.
Required Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of Quality Assurance experience in IT software development environments.
- 2+ years experience with requirements development and documentation, and direct experience leading IT QA efforts.
- 3+ years direct experience supporting complex applications and/or technology projects which included custom systems development, implementation of commercial software products, system integrations, infrastructure upgrades, and complex organizational change initiatives.
- Very well versed on IT technology including: SDLC methodologies, system integration, data mapping, QA processes, relational Databases, and development processes.
- SQL Query Writing. C# development a plus.
- Familiar with test automation tools and processes.
- Knowledgeable on process improvement methodologies such as LEAN, Six Sigma, TQM, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft PC desktop applications including Excel, Word, Project, and Visio.
- A keen attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- A self-starter, able to work effectively with minimal direct supervision
- Assumes QA Leadership role on IT projects as well as production support releases.
- Develops QA test strategies and test plans suitable for a variety of IT projects.
- Collaborates with Project Sponsors to develop test strategies and plans for large / complex projects, making recommendations, and ensuring that project risks are mitigated.
- Develop test cases, test scenarios, and test criteria to effectively test configured software and custom-developed IT applications.
- Coordinates with Business users to develop function application requirements and detailed system requirements to IT team members, project team members, and other project managers and analysts.
- Perform functional ‘black box’ testing of IT applications to identify issues and defect.
- Work directly with project teams to effectively communicate and prioritize known issues and defects.
- Maintains libraries of application requirements, specifications, test cases, defect logs, and test results.
- Perform regression testing on existing applications.
- Coordinate user acceptance testing (UAT) with business partners, ensuring that proper UAT is performed.
- Collaborates with the System Security Administrator to ensure that security standards are followed and that PHI data is not at risk of being compromised.
- Develops functional and detailed system requirements, sometimes independently, to ensure comprehensive and complete testing of applications.
- Develops and runs automated test scripts and evaluates results.
- Develop and maintain user instructions, operational instructions, process documentation, and program documentation according to IT group standards.
- Develop SQL reports as needed to investigate data-related issues.
- Performs root-cause analysis on issues and defects, and works towards developing solutions