The project is a product data platform aimed at establishing transparency in the controversial field of consumer composition data. It’s time to step up and put your developing expertise to use to help answer some epidemiological questions in the world of consumer goods. That’s where you come in. This midsized company needs an expert with Java with an interest in Big Data and Continuous integration. If you want to work with the latest technologies using Java 8, cloud computing, and the latest Dev Ops practices, here’s your chance. Send me your resume and we’ll work it out.
Required Skills & Experience
· Around 5 years working with Java professional; ideally Java 8
· Spring MVC/Boot and ORM experience
· Experience working with JSON, XML, JSP
· Knowledge of Servlet containers like Tomcat
· Comfortable with relational databases like PostgreSQL
· Experience working with APIs
Desired Skills & Experience
· Continuous integration experience using Jenkins, Chef, or Puppet
· Big Data experience with Hadoop
· NoSQL databases experience (Cassandra)
Benefits & Perks
401k +6% match, 4 weeks PTO + 2 weeks of sick days, 10%-20% Annual Bonus, BCBS PPO Healthcare partially covered by us, Free Vision and Dental.
Casual start up environment, investment in technology and continued learning (Access to Chicago development conferences, Safari Books Online, dual 27” monitors, tuition reimbursement).
Relocating from larger city: We can and will match your salary.