Robotics Software Engineer
Our client just raised $10 million in Series A funding for their autonomous robots for the agriculture industry. Robots like these could increase food production while lowering costs and keeping environmental impacts as low as possible. Studies have shown that world will need more produce to feed a growing population as time passes, while climate change may reduce our crop yields. Agricultural robots like these aim to be a solution to this troubling issue. The company is looking for a Robotic Software Engineer that would develop software to support and enable the robotic system. You should be comfortable across several parts of a robotic system, from sensor fusion to navigation to control.
Required Skills & Experience
- MS or Ph.D in CS, Robotics, or related
- At least 4 years of robotic software development experience
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Experience with sensor fusion for pose estimation
- Experience with navigation and control, preferably mobile robots or drones
- Experience with obstacle detection
- Experience modeling/simulating robot kinematics
- Experience with ROS
Desired Skills & Experience
- Extended Kalman filters
- Distributed systems
- Computer vision
- Control of robotic arms
- Low level communication with sensors and sensor integration
- Database design
- Data visualization
- GPU programming
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Hands On
- Competitive Salary: Up to $170k/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Competitive pay
- Health benefits
- Equity stake appropriate for a key contributor
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.