Senior Data Scientist
A Series-C start-up that has 27 million in funding is seeking a senior data scientist to help them re-invent the energy industry. The role is located in Mountain View and will pay between $140,000 – $170,000 depending on experience.
This start-up works on building revolutionary solutions using the energy and user behavior data from hundreds of millions of homes. The company offers the greatest leverage for a Data Scientist to use their passion and make a difference in the company and in making the world more energy efficient.
Your responsibilities will include:
- owning significant business problems and creating innovative solutions.
- Developing and fine tuning robust energy analytics algorithms.
- Studying the impact of our products on a number of dimensions such as energy savings and user behaviour to keep refining our solutions.
- Collaborating with product, marketing and engineering teams to leverage data science to solve cross-disciplinary problems
Required Skills & Experience
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, or related areas. Exceptionally strong candidates with a BS and relevant work experience welcome.
- Strong background in machine learning and statistical analysis. Expertise in pattern recognition and predictive modeling (time series analysis, logistic regression, tree based methods, etc.). Use of Deep Learning techniques is a big plus.
- Expert knowledge in Python
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong knowledge with deep learning technologies (tensorflow, keras)
- 5+ years hands-on experience with machine learning solutions deployed in production.
What You Will Be Doing
- 90% Python
- 10% Java
- 60% Hands On
- 30% Team Collaboration
- 10% reporting to leadership
- Competitive Salary: Up to $170K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Health, Vision, and Medical benefits
- Remote work options
- 401(k) match
- Flex hours
- Catered lunches
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.