A progressive security startup in the West Loop is looking for a Ruby Engineer to join their growing team. This person will be on the team tasked with scaling out the back end of their platform due to a lot of clients wanting to use their product and needing it to quickly scale to deal with a ton more data. The software plugs into clients’ existing infrastructure to optimize performance, as well as run analytics to predict areas of attack. Great opportunity to scale up the system and have a lot of influence on architecture in a startup rapidly expanding.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience with Ruby on Rails OR strong experience with other languages (Python, Java, C#, Elixir, F#, Rust, Clojure)
- Interest in getting into Go, elixir and clojure
- Experience building out large-scale applications
- Relational data modeling
- Performance tuning, troubleshooting
- Service-oriented architecture
- Ability or interest in mentoring, no people management involved
What You Will Be Doing
- 70% Ruby on Rails
- 30% Python, Java, C#, Elixir, F#, Rust, Clojure
- 100% Hands On
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Salary: Up to $115K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Flex hours
- Brand new open office
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.